Monday, February 17, 2014

Paul Kedinger



Paul Kedinger (’63)  “Fifty Years --- That’s amazing.  I can still close my eyes today and visualize myself and classmates at SLS.  I still remember the Fond du Lac Reporter ran a news story that we were the 100th freshman class in 1959.  The friends I made there are still my closest friends, though hundreds of miles may separate us now.  I would love to reconnect with my classmates.  I had seminary “flashbacks” when my youngest son, Daniel, entered the seminary for the Diocese of Lafayette, Louisiana.  He made it to first year theology before deciding the priesthood wasn’t for him, he is now married to the daughter of a Catholic deacon and the father of two girls and a boy.  My others sons, Victor and Gregory, have been the joy of my life and I thank the Good Lord for directing me to sit down next to my future wife, Wanda, on the first day of graduate journalism school at the University of Wisconsin.  We now live and work (still) as the managing editor of the Rayne Acadian-Tribune, in a city renowned as “The Frog Capital of the World” in Louisiana, her home state.  If any of my 50-year-older classmates want to reconnect, my email is paulkedinger@gmail.com.”
Published in The Laurentianum, Summer 2013, p. 22

No comments:

Post a Comment